Remove prefill when I "Click to add a comment"

Dave Smith October 12, 2016

When I click to add a comment on an issue screen it prefills the comment with some stuff I do not want

"Hi Joe Shmo

– Roger Rabbit"

How do I get rid of that?

2 answers

0 votes
Dave Smith October 12, 2016

No it puts the name of the reporter first and the name of whoever is logged in when they click the comment button. Where do I find Automations?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2016

To be clear below is an example of how comments should be working:

image2016-10-12 12:9:29.png

Can you capture an image of what you are seeing? Automations are found under the project settings for the project in question. However, i'm not sure if that is the cause or not at this point.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2016
Dave Smith October 13, 2016

When I click on add a comment it shows this (I also want to get rid of the "respond to customer" part entirely but thats another issue):

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2016

bizarre. did you find anything in Automations?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2016

David,

While updating the Customer Notifications for one of my JSD projects, it occurred to me that this might be where your issue lies rather than automation. In fact it is quite likely the case. Go to project settings and the "Customer Notifications" page and look at the Public Comment Added and see how it is configured. Mine looks like this....

${event.user.name} commented:

${comment}

Dave Smith October 14, 2016

Thanks for all of that info.  I looked there but my project does not have any "Customer Notifications"  Also, this happens before the actual comment is posted, so I don't think its a notification, its something in the code somewhere that says "when someone goes to enter a comment, default to "Share with customer" and prefill with this text"  Its not a big deal, but I'm trying to do a demo for my company in the hopes that they will like my demo and start using the product.  (We are using outlook email and sharepoint to track all support now and its a NIGHTMARE)  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2016

I can certainly appreciate the nightmare of using emails and sharepoint - yuck! If you are interested I will be glad to set up a screenshare session and have a look at what you are experiencing. I'm perplexed that this is happening out of the box.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2016

is that literally what it says? LOL. Did you check your Automations to see if it is originating from there?

Suggest an answer