Remove port number in URL's

Prasanna Thirumal August 2, 2017

Hello,

I have installed JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket in the same server. The tools are configured with the default URL's. I want to remove the port number from the URL but I am not sure how to do it. Also, I have read that if I change the port to 80 then the redirection happens without the port number in the URL. But as I understand this can be done only for one URL.

Can anyone let me know if its possible to have the redirection of the URL without port number (other than 80) or is there any DNS settings (for ex) that needs to be changed.

Thanks,

Prasanna

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2017

The most simple way to do it is to use a proxy web server.  This can provide one single site (on port 80), with different parts of the site being passed through to different services in different ports.

Have a look for JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket with Apache proxies, they're very well documented (you could use other proxy servers - nginx, lighttpd and IIS are the ones I've used)

Prasanna Thirumal August 2, 2017

Hello Nic,

Thank you so much for your inputs. I went through the atlassian document and we will implement and let you know about the results.

Just for a confirmation, can we redirect all atlassian applications (Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket) hosted in the same server using the same port 80. Please confirm :)

Thanks,

Prasanna

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2017

Second sentence in my answer.

Suggest an answer