Remove organization administrator

Tatyana January 7, 2020

Hi, we had only one Org administrator that left the company. I am a site admin and can't remove org admin. Can you help?

2 answers

0 votes
Tatyana January 7, 2020

and since i am not an org admin i can't use the steps in resolution in the link provided. they are not available for me

Veera
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2020

You are right. You won't be able to access Org unless you are an Org admin. 

Please reach out to us though our Support portal so that we can help you with it.

0 votes
Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hey Tatyana,

In order to remove the org administrator you will need to add another org admin and then you can remove the user who left. Since you are only a site admin, you will need to use the users account who left.

You can take a look at the below article as well. It tells you how to remove an org admin. It does not specify you need at least one but that is the case.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/removing-a-site-admin-or-organization-admin-975031716.html

Tatyana January 7, 2020

Thank you but how can i use the left org admin account?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

If you can under users, you should be able to access his account and reset his password. Then you can log in and add a new org admin. If that does not work, you would need to contact Atlassian for support. You should be able to reset his password though and then sign in.

Tatyana January 7, 2020

no, i can't modify organization administrator account. will contact support. thank you

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2020

Ah okay. Since this is technically answered and support is the only way, it would be great if you marked this as answered. That way the community knows this is solved and what to do in the future if the same problem happens to them.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer