Remove 'none' from a select list custom field Jira v6.0.8

Elad Eyni October 8, 2013

hey

i saw alot of post how to remove the "None" from Custom Field but none of them work....

i have Jira version 6.0.8.

i need to remove it...

thanks for help

Elad

3 answers

0 votes

Hey

i tried to put my custom fields in Required, Same issue...... and i work on default

and i try to restart the jira after changing the vm file..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you've done there. You need to make your fields required AND set a default value for them.

Also, if you've changed a .vm and restarted, you may have broken the built-in behaviour of the field, so I'd suggest removing that (and restarting again) until you've seen how it works off-the-shelf.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

did you restarted the jira after changing the vm file?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

The problem with saying "a lot of posts on how to remove none from the list" is that those answers do generally work. That means most of the answers you are likely to get here are simply going to repeat those solutions, and that's not going to help you much.

I think you need to pick one that appears to work for other people on Jira 6.0 and work out why it's not working for you - tell us which one you are attempting, what you've done on your system and what the results are (in detail - "it doesn't work" is a Microsoft answer - accurate, but useless)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 8, 2013

Ok, that's not really a huge surprise, as things have changed between 5 and 6.

Before you chase this further though, can you try making the field required in the field configuration, and also make sure a default is set? This is the official way of removing "none" in version 6.

Hey Nic

i tried:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA052/How+to+Remove+%27NONE%27+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field

all the posts are the same.

the result: nothing happen... the "None" are still there...

Suggest an answer