Remove email address from sender's name in JIRA outgoing email.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

Hi, 

I want to remove the email address that is present in the header of email along with sender's name. 

Under general configuration, the EMAIL From option is set to be ${fullname} (JIRA)

However, when the email comes in it is like:
${fullname} (JIRA) <abc@email.com)

I want to remove the email part. 
How can I do that?

Regards,

Tayyab

1 answer

0 votes
josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2017

This is your email client doing this. Every email has a "from" address and the JIRA option is just to put allow you to customize the friendly name that comes before the from address. It's not something JIRA could remove, even if it wanted to.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2017

Hi,

I have modified various email templates, html and subject files, according to certain requirements. 

Is there no place where I can edit this? 
There must be template for this, no? A template which brings the Email address which is given in the "EMAIL From" field in directory settings.
So if there is such a template, I could edit it or remove the email fro there?

RKusmba
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2018

Hi,

Checking to see if you found a solution for this issue ?

josh
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2018

This is part of your email client, not Jira. 

RKusmba
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2018

All notifications from JIRA will associate FROM address (xyz@company.com) specified in outgoing email /notifications email "from" and we can update what needs to be associated with this FROM address (xyz@company.com) by adding something like ${fullname} ${email}> in Settings>Email from.

I am looking at removing (xyz@company.com) when email notifications are sent out.  

I have updated the mailserver table, mailfrom to null and it did not work.

Suggest an answer