Remove comma from numeric field

Please tell me, I can remove the comma automatically inserted in the numeric custom field in Jira. I am using OnDemand and am therefore unable to use some of the obvious solutions found on the net

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes

You can't change this in JIRA onDemand as it involves editing some system files.

Hi, just checking in to see any progress as we face the same issue, the number showing in 5,555 for 4-digit with comma; wonder any solution not to use 1000 separator ? 

The number we need is created during data migration, and somehow it cannot be searched in right top corner, either. 

cc @Kathrine Laurit  @Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group]  @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] @Brant Schroeder

just wonder how to resolve ',' issue completely in year 2017 or 2018 :-) 

It's not an "issue" - most humans prefer to see the separators!  So, it's not changed.

oh, even though that is driven by 1000 separator ?  :-) I see your point, if we use number for currency, that is perfect, thousand, million

thank you for sharing your thought, Nic. 

1000 with comma can be chosen.JPG

it would be great not to see ',' 

That's excel, nothing to do with Jira

right, that is what we wish for -  to use or not to use ',' :-)

Thank you though,  and I also got some feedback regarding quick search,  I was told that no way to conduct number quick search, with ',' or without :-)  (not by query line)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,789 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot