Remove assignee from issue view page

mahmoud atout March 5, 2013

hello

we are using jira to track customer's requests, and one of our requirments is to hide the internal assignee name from the customer

what i did was creating a custom screen for issue, edit issue and view issue operations

the log issue is for customer and there are no assignee field in it

the edit issue page is for our internal use and it force the one that do the work flow trasition to assign it to someone from the developer team

now in the view issue operation i created a custom screen with no assignee in it... but still the assignee field still avaialble in the view issue screen

when i do hide field in the global field configuration it hide it from all screens and i don't want that... what i want is to hide it from specific people and show it to otherss

how can i do that... please help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

Jira doesn't do field security. There is a plugin which I think solves it, but you can't install it in OnDemand (yet), and the only other fix here is "changing code", which you can't do to OnDemand installs either.

The best you could do is try to hide it with javascript (easy to get around, the data is still on the page, but most end-users won't bother to make the effort to get around it).

I'm afraid my javascript is weak - I know you can bury it in the description of a custom field and use a simple "hide" type call to hit part of the page with a known id (it'll be something like id="assignee"), but I don't know how to extract the information you'd need about the current user.

mahmoud atout March 5, 2013

so basically what you are trying to say is that i have to create a custom field, through it on the page, write a javascript in the custom field description to hide the custom field and the "assignee" field on the page ...

the problem that i want to hide the "assignee" field for some users (client) and make it appear for others (team leaders, developers...etc)

any other ideas ?!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

Um, yes, that's what I just said.

Suggest an answer