Remove a status from "Epic Status" field

Praveen October 31, 2019

I am trying to add the "Epic Status" filed in the close screen, and it had 4 options 

• To Do
  • In Progress
  • Done
  • Collaboration Vision

Is there any way to remove "Collaboration Vision" option so that it will be easy for the users to select Done as a status and mark the epic as done.

2 answers

0 votes
Russell Zera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

This is a pretty old post, but I wanted to comment on it as it impacts me as well... To the OP's point, "Collaboration Vision" looks to be a value that was added to the Epic Status custom field during a system/project import (at least that's how it happened for us when we had a custom value in Epic status called "READY FOR WORK" (yes it's obnoxiously all caps) added to the available values in our system. 

Because of that, I don't believe that setting an post-function automation is an acceptable solution here (I'll comment on the JRACLOUD-64188 ticket as well, but that sometimes doesn't yield results). The OP I believe is requesting to have NON-DEFAULT OPTIONS to be editable to be removed. Does anyone know if this is set just by what values exist in Epic Status on Epic tickets? So if we try to do a bulk change to get rid of it, will it remove it from being an option? I might look to see if that's something that Automation for Jira can handle. But to figure out how Epics even get into that Epic Status also remains to be seen to me.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2019

Hello Praveen,

Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you would like to make sure the users in Jira will select Done in the "epic status" when marking the Epic as done. Is it correct?

Unfortunately, there is no way to remove the status of your "Epic Status" field since it is a locked field (see JRACLOUD-64188 ), however, you can configure a post function to automatically select the status as done when closing the Epic.

Both applications below provide you with the post function:

Scriptrunner - Use the post function to set issue attributes

JIRA Suite Utilities - Use the post function Update issue custom field

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer