Remove a permission for a group from all projects?

AlexanderR August 14, 2012

I would like to remove the browse permission for the group jira-users for all projects. As there are many projects (as well as many schemes) I would like to use a script.

Within the JIRA-Administration, I can remove the group by removing the group directly from the browse permission (in the scheme) and by removing the group from the project roles which have the browse permission (in the scheme).

I have the permission and the group, for which I want delete the permission. I have all the projects and permission schemes. And I have the permission manager, with which I should be able to delete the permission.

def jiraUserGroup = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager().getGroup("jira-users")

def browsePermissionId = Permission.BROWSE.getId();

def permissionManager = ComponentAccessor.getPermissionManager()

def permissionSchemes = ComponentAccessor.getPermissionSchemeManager().getSchemeObjects()

def projects = ComponentAccessor.getProjectManager().getProjectObjects()

But I didn't find any helpful methods, which do what I want. Could anybody give me a hint?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2012

Have you try permissionManager.removeGroupPermissions("jira-users") ?

AlexanderR August 14, 2012

The call removeGroupPermission("jira-users") would remove all priviledges from jira-users.

I only want to remove the browse-permissions for all projects. The jira-users should still be able to log-in. I just want to make sure, that projects are only seen by the right group. Therefore all users are grouped into serveral groups and these groups will get the particular browse priviledges.

Foong
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2012

What is your JIRA version?

AlexanderR August 15, 2012

Right now, we are using JIRA 5.0.7.

Foong
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2012

Doing it from the JIRA API is quite complicated. How about doing it from the database?

DELETE FROM schemepermissions WHERE PERMISSION = 10 AND perm_type = 'group' AND perm-parameter = 'jira-users';
DELETE FROM projectroleactor WHERE ROLETYPE = 'atlassian-group-role-actor' AND ROLETYPEPARAMETER = 'jira-users';

You may need to restart JIRA for it to take effect. Remember to backup JIRA for rollback purposes.

AlexanderR August 29, 2012

It's not the most elegant way to use SQL instead of an API, but I guess it is the simplest.

Suggest an answer