Remove a label in a Transition Post Function

Chris Ramakers June 20, 2012

I've set up a Condition on several of my workflow transitions that require the presence of a given label so that developers cannot transition issues without giving them a certain label. Now I would like to remove that label after the transition is done. Is that possible?

I've looked at the Post Functions and can't seem to find a way to manipulate the labels of an issue.

3 answers

0 votes
hannah.brooks September 28, 2020

Hi, any update on this? It would be a really useful feature to have. Thanks.

Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 28, 2020

Hi @hannah.brooks ,

while there is still no out-of-the-box feature to do so, you might want to have a look at the workflow apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?category=Workflow

Jira Workflow Toolbox being one of those can manipulate the labels field via its Update issue fields post function (https://apps.decadis.net/display/JWT/Update+issue+fields). In order to remove the label myLabel while keeping the remaining labels, you'd have to update the field with the expression

- myLabel

Disclaimer: I'm part of the team behind the aforementioned app.

Cheers
Thorsten

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2018

The scripting add-ons can provide a place to write code if you don't want to write your own add-on to give you a post-function or listener to do it.  Otherwise there's nothing internal to do it.

0 votes
Arild Langtind November 7, 2012

Did you find a solution to this?

Aleksandra Steer July 25, 2018

6 years later and same issue here. Anyone found a solution?

Suggest an answer