It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Remove Status from draft workflow

I think I have got myself lost.

I have added a new status of Hold to a workflow and how when I try to remove it I get the message of "Statuses cannot be removed from draft workflows".

How do I remove it?

Your help is appreciated.

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

You can't delete status in draft mode.  I've just answered it on your similar question at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/18811790

1 vote

Hi Eric,

You can't remove a Status from a draft workflow, since any projects should be still using it (and probably have some issues in that specific Status).

To delete a Status, you need to disable this Workflow by associating a different one to the projects, making this one idle. After that, the option to remove the Status will appear.

Hope it helps!

Andre

Switch to Diagram mode and delete by right-clicking on the status.

Wow this is frustrating, as I'm creating a new project and there are no issues. But I want to demo what I'm doing. So frustrating. 

Same answer

I've just encountered this frustrating behaviour myself. 

It seems insane that I can add a status to an active workflow but then cannot delete it even if no issues are assigned to it.

Instead I have to duplicate the workflow, switch the project to use the duplicated one, navigate the the inactive workflows, remove the status then switch the project back to the old workflow, explicitly picking a new status to map the deleted one to for each issue type (even though no issues were ever in that status).

Can nobody at Atlassian see how obviously non-intuitive this process is? It's bizarre user interface behaviours like this that make me regularly yearn for the simpler days when we just used Trello and could be much more productive as a result.

Yes, they see it, but as this doesn't break anything and is trivial for the end user and just slows down admins, it's never going to be a priority.

Wouldn't it be nice if they made my efficiency tool... efficient. 

Like, I'd rather a warning of "THIS COULD BREAK CRAP!!!" than the whole, nanny state style we have. 

Like Vince Swann likes this

Yeah - i really dont get why they make this so difficult - I really dont see the need for workflows and workflow schemes. 

Like Vince Swann likes this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you