Remove Project Type in Project Summary Page

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2016

JIRA Version: 7.0.10 

Hi,
I want to remove Project type indicating either Software or Business from the Projects admin page. 
Is it possible to remove the category from there at all. And how to put something other than "business or software" appear in project type. 

Capture.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2016

That's quite an important indicator, especially for administrators and you don't want to change it to anything else.

You could hide it by hacking core code or using javascript to make it disappear.  But you really don't want to.

Tayyab Bashir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2016

We don't require this because all of our projects are related to software.
I want to remove this from appearing, any guesses where I might have to look into?

It would be acceptable as well if we could add our own categories instead of "Software and Business"  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 18, 2016

You can't add your own categories, it's an indicator of what applications you have created the projects for (the other option currently is "service desk")

If you want to remove it, you need to hack the core code, as I said before.  Look at the url you are on, it should end with .jspa - look for a file with that name but with just .jsp on the end in your installation and edit that and restart.  It's a lot of effort, for absolutely minimal reward (and the sort of customisations that expert admins always remove to simplify maintenance)

Suggest an answer