Remove Original Estimate Field from All Issue Types

David Washburn June 26, 2019

Hi, 

I'm trying to disable Time Tracking and Original Estimate from all issue types in Jira Service Desk. I managed to hide the Time Tracking field successfully, but I cannot find Original Estimate anywhere in Jira.

I've checked:

• Custom Fields
  • Field Configurations
  • Field Configuration Schemes > My JSD scheme
  • All relevant screens in JSD

I don't see any option to remove it. I don't even see a field with original in it anywhere. I've attempted searching for it in Field Configurations. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Remove Original Estimate.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
susan_meredith November 5, 2019

In Jira Cloud, I found that disabling time tracking removed the field from all of the screens (under Issue Features -> Time Tracking). 

image.png

Ibrahim Khan July 14, 2021

I am seeing this 

image.png

Alexander Fedtke August 18, 2021

In the project setting check the screen you find the field "time tracking" which can be removed.

1 vote
John Fetzik
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2019

Note, I am not familiar with Jira Service Desk, just Jira Cloud. So I could be wrong here.

I think this is a default field include with Jira so you cannot remove the field from the system.

If all you want to do is not display it take a look at the Screens. You could just remove the fields there. Field still exists behind the scenes, but you won't see it.

Also, in Jira, I think you can turn time tracking on or off, but this would apply to all projects within your Jira instance.

0 votes
J Conners June 9, 2023

I'm getting this:

Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 2.11.34 PM.png

This is after Time tracking was enabled. How do I make time tracking NOT REQUIRED?

Suggest an answer