Remove Agile link from Dashboard

Dave_Harrington February 21, 2013

We have 5.1.3...

Besides using Jira for all our internal work (adminstration and software development), we're using it to manage customer interaction for our services.

Having the Agile link on the Dashboard has been nothing but a headache, as customer naturally follow it which just brings them to what's effectively an ad for Grasshopper, and is completely irrelevant. That would be bad enough, but then they start clicking on the links within that and become hopelessly lost.

I can't find any permission - project or global - that allows this to be hidden. And, of course, we don't want to disable it for our internal folks, so a global approach would not be ideal.

Is there some approach I can pursue?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013
Hi. Maybe in the plugins section you will find something. Enable system plugins view and look for some webmodules. I never tried to remove agile but with this solution i was able to remove unneeded links and Feedback as well. There is no greenhopper installed in your instance but you see the Agile tab?
Dave_Harrington February 21, 2013

Thanks, I'll go looking... Was it a paticular plugin you used to remove other links (I'd be interested in removing those as well)? We do have GH installed (for developers) and can separate the instances, but the users for this project don't have access for it, which I believe is why it goes to GH info web page...

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2013
Stop. Don't disable any agile stuff then. I think you will mess it up then. I thought you may have no GH installed. Was wondering where the agile tab should be provided from. Only some "getting started" weblinks could be safely disabled

Suggest an answer