Removal of transition from closed to reopen

Eilif Johannsen May 18, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Miscellaneous Workflow Extensions (JMWE) removal from JIRA Cloud

I have been reading and reading and is a bit confused about what will happen.

As I read it Transition states that is used to get from ex. closed to reopen is removed. How would they expect us to get from one state to another then ?

We also use HipChat integration that is also done through a post function, is this removed as well ?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

I think you're misunderstanding it. 

JMWE provides functions that transitions might be using, so if a transition is using a JMWE function, when the add-on is removed, the transition might stop working. 

The transitions themselves are part of JIRA, not JMWE, so they will be fine.  You just need to remove any functions that are not going to be replaces if you are using them.

Eilif Johannsen May 19, 2016

Great. I good confused because it said "(minus) Transition Issue".

Almost all my workflows came out in the "jmwe-workflows.txt", that's why I was like oh no.

I searched for com.innovalog.jmwe and it came up with e.g "fixVersions" do I need to do anything with this.

Just don't want our workflows to stop working.

Thanks for your help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

You need to go over each workflow and look at where it currently uses a JMWE function.  Some can be replaced, as listed in the doc, others you'll have to remove (and work out if you can replace them with other functionality somehow).

I don't know what the text file you've downloaded actually says - if it lists the transitions to look at, that will save you some time looking for them.  If it doesn't then, you'll need to go and look at each transition and check the conditions, validators and post-functions.  (There is a trick that can help in that you can download the workflow xml and search it for innovalog, but I'm hoping the text file is helpful)

If you don't remove the functions now, or you miss one, do not panic - you will still be able to edit and remove or update the functions after the add-on is removed.  The transition and workflows are not affected or deleted directly, it's just that they might not function if you leave any JMWE in them.

Suggest an answer