Remote Copy drops Jira server from "Select Target Project" dropdown

Dan McGowan June 22, 2014

Please ask for more details since I'm sure this will be a little confusing.

We are trying to copy a Jira ticket from one server to another using Remote Copy (from Jira 2 to Jira 1).

The first time I try it the list will give me all projects for the current Jira, and a second Jira that I intend to copy too. However directly below that list is an error about "You need to log in and approve to use following servers: Jira 3" (we recently made a third Jira site for testing purposes). I dont know if its related, but clicking the link to log-in gives me an unable to connect error.

After I remote copy the first ticket, trying again on the Select Target Screen gives me a new error:

There was a problem connecting to one of the servers. Please contact your administrator.
Authentication failed with: Jira 1

I feel that the error is being cause from a poorly set up third Jira site since that is about the same time this issue started occuring.

Please help me figure out the next step in identifying the root cause of this. I checked every setting I could understand, but nothing stuck out.

Thanks,
Dan

1 answer

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2014

Strange, check the applinks configuration and see if anything missed out in the authentication. Secondly, try to link issues between the 2 instances and see if you getting any sort of errors. Do check on all the URL are correct as well.

Thirdly, check the logs for any stacktraces or errors during the remote copy. If there is, you can try google it or post in the thread for others to look at.

Suggest an answer