Remaining estimate in search doesn't match issue field

Alejandro Martinez October 11, 2017

When I set remaining estimate to 0h (using the UI or the setEstimate function) on a closed issue, the field is updated on the issue screeen (and in the TIMEESTIMATE field on the DB), but when I perform a JQL search using "remainingEstimate !=0" the issue is displayed in the results with a non 0 value.

e.g. Issue with original estimate set to 8h and logged work to 3h. The issue is closed and the remaining estimate is set to 0h. A search with "remainingEstimate !=0" displays the issue in the results with 5h as remaining estimate. Both JQLqueries and calls to the getEstimate API function return 5h. 

WORKAROUND: I can get the correct blank value on a structure view (after running structure maintenance), but the value is still wrong in JQL searchs and Issue API.

1 answer

1 vote
Lenard Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Alejandro,

Could you try to re-index JIRA and see whether the JQL search is still returning the wrong results?

Best regards,
Lenard

Alejandro Martinez November 16, 2017

Hi Lenard,

Yes. Re-indexing seems to fix it.

It was tricky because I had several hundreds of issues on status closed and non-zero remaining estimate, and I was trying to set it to 0 on them programatically.

issues.each { issue ->;
 // Update Issue
 def myIssue = myIssueManager.getIssueObject(issue.getKey());
 myIssue.setEstimate(0L);
 myIssueManager.updateIssue(user, myIssue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false)
}

Issues from at least 2 different projects were still showing in the query results with non-zero estimate.

I have re-indexed JIRA and now the results are correct.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Suggest an answer