Remaining Time Estimate Burndown Chart Not Updating

vijayan_Ashokkumar December 10, 2018

Hi All,

I committed my sprint on Dec 7th and we burned few hours as well for that day and i validated the same.

Today Dec 12th, I am look in to my Remaining Time Estimate Burndown Chart, the graph for the Time spent is not moving upwards.

This was working for all my previous sprint's and only not working for this sprint.

Any suggestion to fix this or make this graph work.

Looking back to hear back from you guys.

Thanks in advance

-VJN

Task Board - Agile Board - Jira.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 11, 2018

Hello Vijayan,

Thank you for raising this question.

What are the issue types that you are currently working in your Sprint?

Can you confirm if you have Tempo plugin installed on your site? Sometimes, the wrong field Time Spent from Tempo plugin is configured in the project screens instead of the inbuilt Time Spent field of JIRA, which display on the screens as Time tracking field.

Please, make sure that the Time Tracking is properly added to the issue type screens instead of Time Spent.

Jo Beck October 20, 2020

Hi @Petter Gonçalves I'm having the same problem as @vijayan_Ashokkumar

We estimate in time, have Tempo timesheets and I have the 'Time Tracking' appearing on the View issue screen.  We have all issue types in a sprint.

We are using Jira Server.

I can see my team have logged 50+ hrs yet the graph only shows 14hrs.

I have noticed some issues have an original estimate, logged time but no remaining estimate.

Can you tell me if there are any other configurations I should be correcting for my graph to show actual logged time?  

melissa.s January 7, 2021

@Petter Gonçalves @Jo Beck @vijayan_Ashokkumar I am also having this same issue. Some issues in my sprint are burning up the time, while others are inexplicably not. Any solutions or configurations to check?

Like Rawson Stovall likes this
Jo Beck January 10, 2021

Hi @melissa.s As yet I've not found a workaround I'm afraid.

0 votes
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2021

Please read through this article.

Configure Estimation and Tracking 

Suggest an answer