Remaining Estimate

Is it possible to have an Issues remaining estimation in Story Points, and not in hours?

We are estimating in Story points for our program, and having remaing estimation in hours kind of contradict the whole estimation process for us.

So is it possible to change reaming estimation to story points?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Peter

Hope this document would help you. 

Thanks, Vishnu. 

I've allready read that one, and it doesn't help.

It states that Story points enable the team to estimate stories in comparison to other stories, instead of forcing them to determine the time it will take to complete each story.

But you still do the remaining estimates in hours, and I think it contradicts the reason for doing estimation in story points.

So I understand, you need "Remaining Estimate" to Story points.  Due to the typo in your question I read like "Renaming". 

And yes, thats how it works. Remaning Estimate will be in hours/week/days. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

83 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you