Remaining Estimate per user

Derek Eskens June 19, 2013

Is there a way to report the sum of remaining estimates per user?

e.g.

USER REMAINING

Bob 40.6 h

John 20.3 H

Where it's just summing up all tickets assigned to Bob and John? Kind of like the 2 dimensional dashboard gadget, but with a different measure.

2 answers

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

Hi Derek,

Estimates are per issue and not per assignee. So it will not be possible to display remaining estimate per assignee.

An issue can also be worked by multiple people. Different people might log work on the same issue.

I have updated the plugin to display total time logged by each user. I know it is not what you are looking for but give it a try.

Cheers

Bhushan

Derek Eskens June 19, 2013

I understand that an estimate is per issue, but an issue is only assigned to 1 person at a time, so it seems like I should be able to collect all of the issues assigned to a person, then sum the estimates to aggragate the total amount of work that a person currently has assigned to them. Our management is trying to find a way to report how much workload each employee has queued up so they can reshuffle and plan project capacity. If Joe is our specilist in widgets and we have a widget project coming up that we expect to take a month, we need to know when Joe will be free, but if he has 10 issues assigned to him that have a remaining estimate of 5 hours each, he won't be ready for at least 50 hours. But on this report we see Jill only has 30 hours of total remaining estimate, so maybe we can re-assign some of Joe's issues to her.

Right now it seems our only solution is to create a filter that displays assignee and remaining estimate, then export it to Excel and use tools within Excel to generate what we are looking for.

BTW, thanks for the fast response.

Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

Derek,

If you are going with the assumption that one issue is only assigned to one assignee, you can re-use the code here and easily create your own plugin.

https://bitbucket.org/bhushan154/timereport/src/eaaa4bc36be94a4f56fac8fde6e6a91b3732f9cf/src/main/java/com/stygian/jira/plugins/panels/TimeReportProjectTabPanel.java?at=master

Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

Bhushan

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2013

Maybe I can add this to the time report plugin. Will update you once I have uploaded the new version. You can try it out.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.stygian.jira.plugins.timereport

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer