Releasing items from a Kanban board

Stacey Sundarrajan June 14, 2016

I have a Kanban board with items that I have released.  I have completed 4 releases to date and each time, the release collects all of the issues from the previous release and adds to it.  So now I have one story that has multiple fix versions.  That seems weird.  

My bigger issue is that once I do a release, I want the tickets to be removed from the Kanban board and only show up in the release.  

All 4 of my releases are "released".  

I have a status called "development complete" that has a done status.  I thought this may be the issue, so I started using "done" and that doesn't work either.  I still have multiple tickets on my Kanban board with both statuses.  These items also show up in my released releases.  

What am I missing?

4 answers

0 votes
Adrienne Francis September 9, 2016

I am also having this issue with a brand new kanban board I set up. I have an existing Scrum board that I am pulling the stories into the kanban board and the ones that already have a release won't come off of the kanban board. The default subfilter is still there because I just this board up.

Every time I try to release those stories, it just adds another version to the Fix Versions list.

How do I get them off of my Done column? Thanks!

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

You should add the default subfilter of fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY back into the Kanban Board.

This will remove all issues that are in a GreenReleased status and thus will prevent them from staying on the board after you press Release. Further, this will also correct your issues being marked with multiple versions, since they will no longer be susceptible to the Release action/behavior of marking all finished issues with the version you select in that dialog.

0 votes
Stacey Sundarrajan June 15, 2016

The filter is Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 10.48.03 AM.png

No sub filter.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

Can you provide the Filter and the Sub-Filter for your kanban board?

Suggest an answer