Release a branch in JIRA

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2013

Hi

I have JIRA connected with Bamboo and I'm able to release a Version with the possibility to build the Version before release, so far so good

Now I have a release which is based on a branch, but I'm not able to selected the branch build in the JIRA release dialog only allows the selection of the "main builds"
Is there some way to select a branch?
or later add an existing build from a branch to a release version?

Using Jira (v5.1.1) and Bamboo (v4.4.5)

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hey Norbert,

At the moment, this feature is not availble in JIRA. There's a feature request, which is currently tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12099.

I would suggest to vote on the feature request to increase the popularity. Hope this has been helpful.

Norbert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

thanks for the Info

Ron Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2013

Just wondering if this issue is still outstanding? I know https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12099 is unresolved but wasn't sure if there was a similar request on another ticket that resolved the issue.

Also, should this be a Bamboo or JIRA issue?

Suggest an answer