Release a branch in JIRA

Hi

I have JIRA connected with Bamboo and I'm able to release a Version with the possibility to build the Version before release, so far so good

Now I have a release which is based on a branch, but I'm not able to selected the branch build in the JIRA release dialog only allows the selection of the "main builds"
Is there some way to select a branch?
or later add an existing build from a branch to a release version?

Using Jira (v5.1.1) and Bamboo (v4.4.5)

1 answer

1 accepted

Hey Norbert,

At the moment, this feature is not availble in JIRA. There's a feature request, which is currently tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12099.

I would suggest to vote on the feature request to increase the popularity. Hope this has been helpful.

thanks for the Info

Just wondering if this issue is still outstanding? I know https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12099 is unresolved but wasn't sure if there was a similar request on another ticket that resolved the issue.

Also, should this be a Bamboo or JIRA issue?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

66 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you