Release Versions View - Additional Dates

Joe.Bransby June 9, 2021

The current Releases View only shows a start and release date.
Wouldn't it be great if development teams could track releases in more granularity by having dates 'Release to Dev' and 'Release to Staging'.

This would enable development delivery teams to log and plan for the dates releases are going to be deployed to test environments.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

I assume just creating custom fields for that purpose would not suffice? It all depends on what you wanna do with those dates and how you want them to interact with the current release date. 

Joe.Bransby June 9, 2021

Yes that would work - but I am not sure you can create custom fields on the server instance of Jira for the Releases view area.

Joe.Bransby June 9, 2021

They would just be date entry fields and don't need to interact with any other fields just a manual entry that enables clear visibility of planned dates through the development lifecycle. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2021

Correct these custom fields would not appear in the releases page.

Joe.Bransby June 10, 2021

I wonder then what the solution is to this then - maybe there needs to be the ability to create custom fields for the releases view.  Is there a way to request new features do you know?  Thanks for your responses and thoughts @Jack Brickey 

Suggest an answer