Release Prediction with different projects into one place

Praveen_Rai March 26, 2020

Hi,

I have 5 teams working on single project and hence there are 5 different projects configured in JIRA for the same. Now starting this year, we have started receiving a Quarter based goal from Product Management that which features need to be delivered by the teams for the products every quarter.

If only 1 team had to work on the feature, team was able to relatively size and refine stories and used Version reporting tool for providing the real dates for delivery. On looking at the delivery dates, it was decided that now 3 teams will be working on the same feature to get feature delivered within designated time. 

Now, when 3 teams had sized and refined the required stories and distributed the feature among them selves, a fair prediction from 3 teams were visible with respect to the work assigned to them for that version. The only challenge is that Product team is demanding one single date on which this entire feature will be delivered. On searching through, I could not find a way by which Version reporting would predict a single date as it is only displaying data per project and also takes into account the team velocity by which it has been working in the past with respect to Fix version.

In case someone has faced a similar issue, can you please help me by letting me know that how I can help Product team with a single date prediction in JIRA.

Regards,

Praveen Rai

0 answers

Suggest an answer