Relationsships between tables in Jira

Christian Schou December 8, 2017

I have researched a lot on this topic, and i really can't find anything about it. So now im hoping that you guys can help me.

At the momemt im working with Business Intelligence and i have two things that i would like to know:

1. How is jira_issues related to jiraissue table?
  2. How can i see which issues belongs to which in epic? What are their relations?

Thanks in advance :)

//Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

1.  It isn't.  Jira_issues is not something jira does.

2.  Look at the custom field Epic Link.

However, a much better recommendation here - stop looking at the database.  It's NOT intended for reporting, it's not suitable for it, and it's the worst possible way to look at Jira data.

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your quick answer. I will notice that.

Do you have another better way of looking at Jira data, since it's not intended for reporting?

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Use the REST API as documented here for Cloud

Hi Warren,

Sorry i forgot to say that Jira has been installed on a local server.

Thanks.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2017

Warren's link is the second best option.  Amongst

1. Built-in reports and dashboards
  2. REST as Warren says, and becomes the best option when point 1 does not provide enough
  3. Add-on reports dedicated to specific tasks
  4. Add-on reporting solutions like EazyBI and Arsenale for the most flexible options
  5. Writing your own add-ons
Christian Schou December 12, 2017

Hi again,

Thank you for your answers.

They were really helpfull, i think EazyBI could do it for me.

:)

Suggest an answer