Rejection Workflow Construction

Dipti singh July 10, 2017

I have a workflow where the item can be rejected from various statuses. When it is rejected from any status it goes to "Review Rejection" status. I want to build it further as add various "Clarified" transition to transition it back to the status it came from.

For Example - If it got rejected from Client Review status, it goes to Review Rejection status. When it is "Clarified" and it is not a valid rejection the workflow should put it back to "Client Review" status once the rejection is clarified.

I understand if i add a script based on status History it can work for every status for the very first time however we want to enable it for several times for the same workflow.

Thanks for the reply in advance. Please let me know if you have any question.

1 answer

1 vote
Carl Allen May 16, 2019

This an older one, but it went un-answered, in case anyone stumbles across this later.

The way I'd do this with an addon's.

We do it with a "on-Hold" Status but the concept is the same, we want to record where it came from, so we can send it back there dynamically.

Normally what I do is a have a custom field (plaint text) in the background ( not on your view screen) that I set when when an issue is declared on-Hold(or rejected) in your case. 

Next build your workflow in such a way that they all have a path back to the different status (like all transitions for example)

Lastly use something like Automation for jira to watch for when your "clarified" is answered (perhaps a custom field gets filled out when something is clarified)

from there you can do a big if-then-else automation?

if "Secret field = Status 1

then Transition back to Status 1

else if "Secret field = Status 2

then Transition back to Status 2

There are other ways, but I believe all the pieces you need to do this are part of the "free" version of Automation for Jira, and this will get you quickly and easily to functional.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211836/automation-for-jira-server-lite?hosting=server&tab=overview

Suggest an answer