Reinstalling JIRA Agile to change language

Anton Söffing July 13, 2015

I want to change the language of JIRA Agile. Since it creates custom fields which I dont want to translate manually (because of the searching querries), I would like to reinstall JIRA Agile. Will this damage my data such as Issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

This shouldn't delete any data, since the fields will remain. Still, I suggest you always try things like that on a test environment first, to make sure it does exactly what you want. 

This would not solve my Problem anyway... While I was installing JIRA and Agile the language was set to german. No I want to change the language to English. JIRA changes everything to English easily, but Agile does not changes the fields and issue types...

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2015

Ah, I see. Well, there doesn't seem to be any Agile-specific language configs or modules that could be toggled on/off. There's no internationalization features yet. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-10356. Seems like manual edit is your only option for now.

This I already found... But Im not sure if it is good to change the names. Maybe some features which are still using the old name will no longer work? Like filter quarries?

Nicolas Bourdages
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2015

It's very likely that your saved filters using these fields won't work anymore, unless those that use the field ID (e.g. cf[10502] IS NOT EMPTY)

Suggest an answer