Regular Expression on Incoming Mail Handler

Arianna Fabbri July 31, 2015

Hi to all,

I need your help configuring an Incoming Mail Handler with Rex ex content exclusion.

I need to strip the text after the second occurrence of the word "From".

I have checked on https://regex101.com/ this regex 

/^(?:.*?\KFrom){2}|>/s

The result is the one I expected:

the original text is

Any text

Any text

The result applying the regex is:

Any text

Any text

The highlighted text is exactly the string after which I need to strip the content.

When I try to insert the above regular expression on JIRA Incoming Mail Handler nothing happens, the email content is not stripped and all it is used to create the comment on the issue.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Arianna

3 answers

0 votes
Arianna Fabbri August 30, 2015

Not yet... :( Any idea? Thank you

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 25, 2015

Did you found a solution?

0 votes
Piotr Klimkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2015

Mail handler uses Perl5 regex (Perl5Util to be precise) to split the the input by given regex. If the result has more than 1 elements the first one will be used (everything before the regex match) otherwise the original text is used. I'm not a perl regex expert myself but you would need to get your regex to work under perl5.

Suggest an answer