Regression Tests Versioning

Stef September 13, 2016

How to manage rapid regression test in JIRA so on each build so I can manage the following:

1. Create new versions of set test cases of different app then,
  2. Re-use above test cases for different test case ID ie. when cloning the cycle, apparently your test case ID and summary are also cloned AND can't be updated with new ID or summary.

I am seeking a solution so then I can clone a test cycle for a new build by using same test cases and/or adding new ones to it.

Many thanks for your kindly assistance smile

ST

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Julia Atlygina September 14, 2016

Hi Stefanus,

You can do that with our Structure add-on and Structure.Testy extension (I work for ALM Works, the company that makes Structure).

Testy lets you create test run columns in Structure, so you can reuse the same issues (test cases) over and over again without any cloning. You can view history of test runs just by adding them to your structure - there’s a small guide here - https://wiki.almworks.com/display/strtesty/User+Guide

You can try it out on our demo instance and feel free to ask me any questions on ja@almworks.com (I’m QA lead and product owner for Testy, so I’ll be really happy to discuss!)

Julia

Suggest an answer