Registering an issue via email?

Eduardo Fuhrmeister March 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Receiving requests by email

One of our client's email is diageo@service-now.com. Every time they send an email from this account to our service desk email account (support@issyapp.com), JIRA does not register this issue

Note: from any other email account, JIRA has no problem registering the issues.

Note 2: We have checked on the email server the support@issyapp.com account, and we can identify the emails from diageo@service-now.com entering without any problems (these are entering into the inbox directory, in other words not entering into spam).

2 answers

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 14, 2016

Isn't it possible that your Mail Handlers's Bulk attribute is set to Ignore and the emails sent from service-now may be recognized as Bulk by JIRA?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2016

As you're on Cloud, I can't tell you to do the standard things that usually fix missing email - read the logs, if there's no errors in the jira-application.log, go to logging and enable incoming email logs and then read them (they get created in the same place as jira-application, but with different names which is nicer than having it all dumped in the application log)

But, I think I can guess at one probable cause.  Go to your list of users and check who has that email address (the diageo one, not support).  I suspect you will find more than one, and at least one of them will not have access to the service desk project.

Suggest an answer