Regex Customfield is not searchable

Johannes Seyfried November 11, 2014

Hi,

I'm quite excited about the regex customfield and it's working fine so far. But recently I noticed that I can't search (or at least find) the values saved in that field (via quicksearch so jql query is like "text ~ "[searchstring]")

Searching directly in the customfield works with an exact string, using wildcards doesn't work at all.

And I can't find an option to administer the search template for that field.

Any ideas how to be able to achieve searchabilty for the regex cf?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
FlorinM
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2014

Hi Johannes,

You should be able to select between the exact searcher and a free text searcher from Administration > Issues > Custom Fields and select "Edit" for the regex CF. However these searchers work just like they do with a normal text field, so I'm not sure that wildcards will work with the free text searcher either. I believe the free text searcher will tokenize/split the value based on whitespace and punctuation so you can search for one of the resulting terms.

HTH

Johannes Seyfried November 11, 2014

Thanks a lot. I must have been blind as I've been searching for the possibility to change the searcher. Works now!

Suggest an answer