Regarding text formatting of email for specific comments

Subhash Karemore July 10, 2016

We are using JIRA for bugs tracking in our company. In JIRA, there is a one "Specific Comments" field under Activity. I changed the Email Type from my profile to HTML. I used to get all JIRA mails in HTML format. However when I added "Specific Comment", that email I got in plain text format. Why is that? Why changing email type to HTML doesn't apply to "Specific Comments"? Is there any separate setting for changing email type for specific comments? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 10, 2016

What type of field is "specific comments"?

Subhash Karemore July 11, 2016

It was mandatory to add "Solution Description" specific comment for that ticket. So I added "Solution Description" specific comment. That issue might exists for other specific comments as well, however I experienced this issue with "solution description" specific comment. I don't know about other specific comments. I didn't try other specific comments. Please find the attached

screenshot.JIRA Specific Comment.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2016

That looks like it is being provided by some form of add-on - it's not the way a JIRA screen behaves.

You'll need to tell us which add-on it is for any more help, but the likely answer is that the add-on has a bug in it when it renders the field, such that it corrupts the html going into the emails.

Suggest an answer