Regarding release fix version not available

Mohamed Samy April 28, 2022

Hello all,

I tried in my project to work using Release  fix versions but unfortunately, "Fix versions" cannot be seen in any issue type cards or pages, also not seen while creating new issue, although affects version exists and I can add bugs to it, I tried most of troubleshooting here in the chat, but no help till now.

could you please guide me in this, also if there is certain permission related to versions can you tell me which one I should have to use releases and versions.

Thank you all

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Hi @Mohamed Samy ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

You need to add Fix version in your Create/Edit and View screen associated to the desired issue type within your project. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/#Definingascreen-configureConfiguringascreen%27stabsandfields

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Hello Fabio, 

Thank you for your fast reply!

its already added, and I tried to use it as required field, but unfortunately I couldn't create any task then, as it was getting an error that I should add it with any task and the field was not existing in the creation screen. 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2022

Please @Mohamed Samy , check fix version field using Show fields menu

Immagine.png

it could be hidden even if is on the screen.

Let me know

I Choose all fields, and its not even hereScreenshot 2022-04-28 at 09.43.42.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2022

Please use find your field in order to perform a configuration check

Great, I find it but i get this error, do you know which permission i should have to add this 

Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 09.53.54.png

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2022

@Mohamed Samy , in the permission scheme of your project, you need to add project roles to "Resolve Issue"

Resolve Issues
Ability to resolve and reopen issues. This includes the ability to set a fix version.

Like Mohamed Samy likes this

Great thank you, I will contact our team admin, try this and get back to you 

Mohamed Samy April 29, 2022

Everything is working good now, Thank you for your help :)

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2022

Thanks for the feedback @Mohamed Samy . I'm happy that your issue has been resolved ;)

Suggest an answer