Regarding JIRA Access

Smruti Ranjan Panda December 5, 2017

Hello,

I have a question regarding access to Jira.

we are a small project group and as a student, we are using it for our Master Project.

I have created the JIRA as localhost in my system and added all my colleagues and given them all the permissions.

but for the link , they cannot access it with localhost.

Can you suggest me something where it is possible for all my colleagues to access the Jira project from their system?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

"localhost" means "the machine I am on now" or "home" - if you use that, it ALWAYS refers to the current computer you are on (and computers break in "interesting" ways if you change it)

Your other users need to use the machine name or ip address of your server (even if the server is your personal machine, it's still acting as a remote server for them).

localhost is my computer.

For Example: http://localhost:8080/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

This is how i access from my system.

I want my other colleagues can access the same.

So if i am right then instead of local host they need to enter my system IP.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 5, 2017

Yes, instead of localHost you have to give them an IP address.

But using your local machine for production usage is a pretty bad idea.  As you should have a dedicated server and an entry in the DNS service to map the IP address to a proper domain name.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2017

Yes, correct.  When you enter localhost, it's your machine.  When your users enter localhost, it refers them to their machine, where your Jira is NOT running.

Get them to use the ip address of your machine.

But, a much better idea is a dedicated server, with it's own name and hardware, so they're not dependent on you being logged in and on your network all the time.

Thanx a lot for your response

Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2017

Change your baseurl as well to your IP address.

Suggest an answer