Regarding Epic/ Milestones/Issues/Tasks/ Subtaks

Suvankar Chakraborty December 17, 2019

Hi,

I have a big project-"Migrate from onpremise to cloud". We will have one major milestone- " Migration" which will have multiple epics containing multiple issues which will be divided into tasks and then into  subtasks.

Can someone give me the best practise on how to create this setup based on estimates? Any best practise to be followed so that individual epics are well distributed into issues etc?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Suvankar

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2019

Hi @Suvankar Chakraborty 

Are you planning to move (complete restore) the entire instance from server to cloud? or move just one project?

The estimates can vary depending upon the volume of issues and size of attachment. Also you will need to check what apps are currently installed on server and whether those are available on cloud or not.

Doing complete restore with "data and configuration" can be easier than moving one project to cloud (in most cases). 

I would say try it out first on a test blank instance of Jira Cloud to know it yourself. This link has lot of information on this topic.

Ravi

Suggest an answer