Regarding Bugzilla to JIRA data migration.

Ketan Patel May 9, 2012

Hi,

My name is ketan and I am from Minerva Networks. We are using you JIRA on demand product. After following your steps to migrate data from bugzilla to JIRA, the migration was fine.

I like the way that JIRA migrated data from bugzilla but it was not as we expected. These are the questions that I have regarding the migration.

1) Can I migrate data based on “milestone” instead of “component”? I only see the option to migrate from “Component” to “JIRA project”. The reason for that is, our component is spread over different milestone so we want to migrate one milestone to one JIRA project.

2) The bug’s history was not migrated in JIRA from bugzilla. How do I achieve that?

Thanks
Ketan Patel
Minerva Networks

1 answer

0 votes
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2012

Hi,

Keep in mind that JIRA and Bugzilla have different approaches, so not all pieces will match. As I remember, Bugzilla history could not be migrated.

If you still need assistance with that, please raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com

Suggest an answer