Reg the development/customization options in JIRA

PRANAV KOLLI May 18, 2016

Hi..

i am basically HP Service manager developer and new to the JIRA..am trying to understand development/customization side of JIRA where if I need to insert new workflow or change/edit existing forms of incident/change screen? and if we need some scripting during new workflow what languages it will support?

Thanks,

Pranav.

1 answer

1 vote
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

Hi, I am basically an active member of the JIRA Community and somehow knowledgeable to JIRA. 

The amount of customization (that includes editing the schemas, screens and/or creating developing scripts for it) will always depend on the complexity of your project's requirement. First, I will advise you to be familiar with the the basics of JIRA and a basic project. Then create your own project requirements/skeleton then tailorfit your JIRA project to that. By that time, you will see how much customization you will need and if you need to do some coding.

Thanks Gabrielle Bautista for your quick response. there could be good chance to consider the business related fields while creating the tickets and in that process it may required to build work flows to collect the client product specific information during the incident/change request creation. I like to understand development options for such requirements with JIRA. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

I'm not sure who Reg is or what he has to do with dev wink

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 18, 2016

After working several years in a globally distributed workforce, Reg has been added to my vocabulary for "Regarding", as they say.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2016

I bet that annoys Reg.  And the word "re" or "regarding".  Ahh, the world is full of silly words that make communication more difficult. I'll be quiet.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 18, 2016

Completely agree. You would be surprised what other words I've learned and never thought exists! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2016

I find the old English words used sometimes quite interesting and quaint (we mostly describe them as "Victorian", as in "The English haven't really used them since the Empire started to fall apart"). 

Or the twisted ones that aren't really English, but you can see how people might think they are.  "Upgradation" instead of "upgrade" for example.

sorry for the confusion Nic ..yes I meant "Regarding" smile..i will keep this concern in mind...so that the discussion will be more on my question wink

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 19, 2016

Ha! No need to be sorry, chitchats like this happen all the time! smile 

Suggest an answer