Reg edit issue field

Aditya kumar Madhira September 13, 2013

Hi

After issue is created...we will edit it.

How to modify the screen to add another field in edit screen of Jira as admin.

Thank you

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Hello Aditya Madhira,

You can go to Screen Schemes, there you select the screen(if your custom screen exists) which required for edit operation.

Or else if you want to configure for existing screen itself you map to default screen, provided the screen scheme which you use must be mapped default screen to edit operation.

0 votes
Aditya kumar Madhira September 16, 2013

I have issue type - licencse and it poping while creating issue...now i created issue with different issue type. After wards i want to edit issue and change to issue type license...at this point i cant see license as issue type.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2013

I'm afraid I don't understand this. My best guesses at what you mean are

1) You want to use different screens for each issue type. For that, please see previous answers about screen schemes

2) You want to change the issue type of an existing issue. Two part answer - you can try putting the issue type field on an edit screen. This will let you "edit" the issue type directly, but ONLY if the issue type configurations are the same. If they're not compatible, then Jira requires information on data updates from the user and can't rely on a simple edit screen doing it, you have to use "move issue" where you'll be offered project and issue type (and follow up questions)

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2013

you just check for issuetype licencse exists in create screen dropdown list. If it is not present you must first assign the above type containing IssueTypeScheme to your project, then you are able to see in edit screen dropdown list.

0 votes

No

where we can edit issue types in jira

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2013

You can edit issue types in Admin -> Issue types.

Not sure what that has to do with screens and fields though. Those are controlled mainly by screens (which you then say "use screen X for issue type Y" later)

0 votes

Hi I have 2 screens - default screen and default2 screen.

When issue is created in default screen and user want to shift to default 2 screen ? How ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2013

It's in the documentation. Where are you stuck?

Although, I think you might be stuck on the scheme, and you want to set it up to say "Create = default screen, View = default screen 2"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2013

Not sure who Reg is?

But have a look through https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens to find out how to add and maintain feilds and screens.

did you get it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 13, 2013

Yes, that's an edit screen being popped-up. You can add fields to it as described in the documentation I pointed to. Have a look at it, work your way through it and tell us if you get stuck - be specific if you do need more help - you need to tell us what part of the doc you have stopped at.

Suggest an answer