Reg Workflow XML

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2013

Hi ,

We have upgraded our JIRA version to 5.2 version and also modified our customized Validator scripts according to 5.2 API.Now I need to move this workflow xml chnages to test region.

Can you please tell us a way to import this Updated Workflow XML to test region.I tried to do import XML,but the Workflow is getting created uder inactive stream.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2013

Not sure what Reg has to do with this.

Importing workflow XML always creates a new workflow, which obviously can't be active because it's not associated with any issues (I assume that's what you mean by "inactive stream")

You need to put the new imported workflow into a workflow scheme, then associate that scheme with with your project. Imported workflows will not replace existing ones.

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Thanks Nic.

But this is bit tough for us as we have to associate many projects with the scheme.

Can it be donewhen Iam in the draft mode. My requirement is I need to move this Workflow XML changes(script validators) which I did in dev environament to test region.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2013

No, as I said, importing workflow XML always creates a new workflow.

Suggest an answer