Reg: Resolution

Aditya Madhira September 19, 2013

Hi I want to build new resolution for a specific project. How to specify that resolution in workflow?

Is it possible?

Thank you

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2013

Resolution will automatcially be available in all workflows. If you want to restrict in certain projects, you will have to modify all the workflows used in those projects and add the jira.field.resolution.exclude property.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+Properties

Means we can add new resolution to the project by skipping the orginal one?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2013

No. It means you add a new resolution to the global list. Then surpress the ones you don't want to use.

How to add the reolution proerty to the project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2013

You do not.

As the others have said, you add the Resolutions to the global list

The properties are applied to workflow transitions inside workflows, which you then put into workflow schemes, which you then apply to projects

Ok I will add in global. suppose if I add abug in global then how to add/eleminate for projects.

they mention me to use property jira.field.resolution.exclude=<your resolution id> where we will get resolution id and where to add the property?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2013

A simple way to get the resolution is to go to the global list and find one of the "edit" links for the resolution you are interested in. Hover the cursor over the link, or copy the url. In the url, you will find something like "id=6" or "id=10031". The number is the resolution ID you need.

Where you add the property - please read the answers above, you've been told three times already

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2013

Then you haven't applied the property to the resolve transition correctly.

Aditya Madhira September 20, 2013

It was not showing me any change....when i click resolve it is howing all resolutions

Aditya Madhira September 20, 2013

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2013

you make the workflows active(after setting the property in transitions) for all the projects you don't need this resolution.

0 votes
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

If you have admin permission, then go to Admin page and select Resolution and add your Resolution in it, then by default it will be reflected in your workflow.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

hello Madhira Adithya,

I missed the word specific in the question. As suggested by the Jobin, you can use workflow property jira.field.resolution.exclude=<your resolution id> in all the transitions of other workflows of other projects. But this is a tedious task using property.

Instead you go for JavaScript that remove the resolutions based on the project.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

i suggest to use jira.field.resolution.include property so in feature if you add new resolutions then no need to modify this property

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2013

Thew new resolution will still appear on all the other projects.

Suggest an answer