Reg: New Resolve screen

Aditya kumar Madhira September 20, 2013

Hi Can we add new resolve screen in jira for specific project?

Thank you

11 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2013

Your screen shot showing view-issue-screen. If you need changes in that screen, then you don't require to change Resolution screen in the transition. Instead you give your screen for view issue operation in screen scheme as described in.

0 votes
Aditya kumar Madhira September 26, 2013

I got it.

Thank you

0 votes
Aditya kumar Madhira September 25, 2013

"I created new resolution screen that have new resolutions" In this statement, new resolutions mean you added new fields to the screen? - YES

I have done what you told. In above image you will see two resolutions

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2013

Oh heck, that's vastly worse. You seem to have added a second resolution field.

Please, cut back, stop jumping around. Get rid of the custom resolution field and focus on the system one, and get that right.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2013

OMG You really are patient @Nic...

0 votes

resolution near status was not affecting?

0 votes

I created new resolution screen that have new resolutions. After changing it they are not displaying in view screen.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

"I created new resolution screen that have new resolutions" In this statement, new resolutions mean you added new fields to the screen?

If that so, whatever the new fields you added to that screen, you should also need to add them in the view screen. Then only you see the fields in the view screen provided

#1 the field should be selected in your custom resolution screen

#2 the field should be associated to your project

#3 the field should have option visible. Check in field configuration.

If all my above interpretation wrong, please provide the screen shot of your custom resolution screen and your view issue screen.

0 votes

Hi Bharadwaj

I cretaed new resolution screen. Thing the resolution option in resolution screen is not affecting view screen.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

could you please explain what you want in view screen?

0 votes

Hi I have done resolve screen but it is not effecting view screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2013

The screens are different entities. Why would a change to the resolve screen Affect the resolve screen? That's a bit like saying "I painted my house blue, but my sister's house is still white".

They are separate. I don't understand what you think you are doing.

0 votes

ok. I got it. But it is not effecting screen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2013

That is the "view" screen which displays the issue you are looking at.

The "resolve" screen is used when you start trying to go through the resolve transition.

On the screenshot, you don't appear to have any workflow options at all - you need to check the workflow (for this project and issue type) and make sure it's got transitions, and you have the permission to use those transitions.

0 votes

Reg: regading. How

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2013

Then why not say regarding? Not that you need to, as the rest of the title is clear.

Again, you can use any screen you want as a resolve screen. You just need to tell the "resolve" transition in your workflow to use the screen you have defined before.

0 votes

Hi Nic

Means we can't add new resolve screen instead of existing one in workflow?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2013

You can choose any screen as your resolve screen. That is what Nic meant.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2013

Not sure who Reg is?

Yes, but it's not "screen + project". The resolve screens are transition screens - they are chosen by selecting a screen for a transition within the workflow. (Workflows then belong to projects and issues)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2013

Reg: = Regarding?

Suggest an answer