Refreshed Prod JIRA Data into Test JIRA and now I am not able to login as Adminstrator

Sandeep Nagaraja February 24, 2014

Gang

I followed below document and performed Test JIRA refresh with PROD JIRA . Post completion i am able to login as normal user but lost Admin authentication.

Also from the below document it doesnt say anything about Crowd Files. Do i have to replace any CROWD related files post migration ? we have CROWD enabled .

I am attaching the error message.

Cheers

Sandeep

2 answers

0 votes
Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

The problem is that the two versions for the applications are not compatible. Please check with crowd version & jira version.

Hello Satya

We have both versions identical , no changes. While we copy the files and folders from production , there is no mention about the Crowd Integration. The integration still points out to Crowd Production and not the test.

I just updated Crowd.properties file to point to Test , but still the issue persists.

Cheers

Sandeep

Satyendra Narwane
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

Can you please specify the procedure that you followed for test Jira i.e you have taken XML backup or database backup. Have you created a new Test crowd if so you can take over the Administrator access of existing user.

Sandeep Nagaraja February 25, 2014

Hello Satya

I followed the below document. I did not change anything in Crowd as the document did not say anything about Crowd configuration.

All the steps are same , instead of DB restore i did XML restore. I did not do any changes to crowd, because i have other app's like Fisheye / Confluence / Bamboo using the same crowd. Just for JIRA if i change Crowd configurations then those app's might be affected.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Establishing+Staging+Server+Environments+for+JIRA

Cheers

Sandeep

0 votes

Not finding an option to upload attachment. A part of error log is below.

System Error

A system error has occurred.

Please try submitting this problem via the Support Request Page
Otherwise, please create a support issue on our support system at http://support.atlassian.comwith the following information:

1. a description of your problem

2. cut & paste the error and system information found below

3. attach the application server log file ( D:\Program Files\Atlassian\Data\JIRA\log\atlassian-jira.log )

Cause:
com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException

Stack Trace: [hide]

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.runtime.OperationFailedException

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.convertOperationFailedException(CrowdServiceImpl.java:869)

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.CrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(CrowdServiceImpl.java:79)

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.DelegatingCrowdService.authenticate(DelegatingCrowdService.java:35)

at com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.core.FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.authenticate(FilteredCrowdServiceImpl.java:43)

at com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManagerImpl$InternalStaticDependencies.authenticate(LoginManagerImpl.java:394)

at

Suggest an answer