Do we have option to export filtered data into excel once and get latest updated data by refresing exccel sheet at any time ( Refresh by navigating to menu " Data->Refresh All " in excel ).
This option helps if we need to generate any chart using JIRA data : Only once we can create chart by exporting data from JIRA and every time refresing excel , it gets updated with actual value form JIRA .
Better Excel Plugin works in a different way, but it ultimately solves the same problem.
You can create an Excel template file, add a blank chart to it, connected to the data placeholders, then upload that to JIRA. After this, you can merge the template with the most recent issue data, and the result with the updated chart will be downloaded to your computer.
You can easily and automatically import Jira Cloud data directly into Excel 2016 by following these steps:
1. Create a filter view in Jira with all of your desired columns, save it, and make a note of the path. Example: https://mycompany.atlassian.net/issues/?filter=11940
Note that going to this URL in your browser returns a CSV file.
3. Start Excel, and select Data menu, New query, From Other Sources, From Web
4. A dialog will appear asking you for the URL. Paste in your CSV URL from step 2, and click OK
5. You will be prompted with a permissions dialog. Select Basic authentication, enter your Jira username and password, and click Connect.
6. After Excel connects, you will see a dialog with a preview of the table. Click Load to load it into the current worksheet.
From this point forward, your Jira credentials will be cached, and you can update the query at any time by clicking Data/Refresh all.
Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs