Reference Book for Jira Cloud

Diana Dupree December 4, 2017

We are about to purchase a new instance of Jira Cloud and I wanted to find out what reference book people might recommend for admins and senior business users.  There seem to be LOT of books out there for the hosted version but none covering the Cloud instance specifically.

Recommendations please :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

I'm not sure I would recommend a book for Cloud.

The Server books are good to get you going with Jira in general, but Cloud moves fast - if you bought a book on Jira Cloud today, it would be out of date before the end of the year (and given it's December now, you can see I do mean "fast").  You can't stop the rolling upgrades on Cloud, so your book  will be obsolete almost as you buy it!

Diana Dupree December 4, 2017

Aaah, true. Just really looking for 'best practice' when it comes to workflows, security, project roles, etc. Quite new to Jira admin and seem to have become the 'go-to' girl for setting up all instances.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2017

I remember that feeling from <mumble> years ago.  It's scary, but the best thing to do is lean on the docs and the community here!  I'm here mainly because I get so much from the other admins here.

Suggest an answer