Refer a link to see my dashboard with out logging in JIRA

SriKrishna Raghammudi March 27, 2013

I have created a dashboard and want to communicate the management to refer the dashboard link, so that with out logging in to JIRA, they can see the dashboard. Is there any option like i can send the dashboard link with in the organisation.Please help me.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2013

There's two interpretations I can make of this

1. You want to copy your current dashboard as a static file and send it to them - you'll need to code for this, probably better done outside Jira, and frankly, it sounds like a simple screenshot.

2. You could send them a simple link to the Jira dashboard you are using. If you share that dashboard with "everyone", and make sure that all the projects it covers have the permission for "anyone" to "browse" them, then your users will be able to see that dashboard without needing to log in at all. (Of course, everyone else will, and they'll all be able to look through the projects too)

SriKrishna Raghammudi March 28, 2013

Thanks Nic. The first one worked out.. right now I am following the same... I tried the second option, but its seeking the login details to see the dashboard.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2013

Well, yes, it's always going to ask them to log in. They can ignore it.

Like Jason Navarrete likes this
5 votes
Steve Trutane August 22, 2014

One gotcha I encountered here: If the dashboard of interest is your default Jira page, the URL shown in the browser may have no pageId parameter, but looks like "jira.example.com/Dashboard.jspa" -- no good for sharing.

To get a URL containing the dashboard link with the specific pageId of interest, select your dashboard from the 'Dashboards' pulldown menu at the top of any Jira page, go to that page, and the URL will then contain pageId, such as "jira.example.com/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=123456". Yay!

This is for Jira v6.1.5. Earlier or later versions may work differently.

Amit Bajaj October 18, 2018

Thanks, Steve.

This helps.

Kelly Eng April 17, 2019

i don't have this pulldown menu and am going crazy trying to find a way to share this dashboard as there is no page ID per Steve's post. please help.

Like Brant_Strand likes this
Brant_Strand August 19, 2019

Kelly,

Had the same problem. One solution is to find all dashboards with Advanced Search (/secure/project/ViewProjects.jspa in my instance) and limit the search to Dashboards. There the links on the titles of individual dashboards will be the specific one with pageID.

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 3.19.19 PM.png

Thomas Güttler April 28, 2020

We all love Permalinks. They are very very useful. You can send them via email, chat, ... You can use them in Wikis and Confluence.

Dear Atlassian developers, make the life of us (the users) easy. Thank you!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer