Reduce work log time

Thomas Lausecker September 24, 2012

In OnDemand Version of Jira:

How can a user reduce "logged work" if the user entered to much time (by accident)?

As fas as I see the Default Permission Scheme allows already:

"Delete Own Worklogs (Ability to delete own worklogs made on issues.) Project Role (Users)"

Here I found the instruction how this should work in theory:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA040/Logging+Work+on+an+Issue

--> But the described "work log" tab allows me still to add additional work time only.

How can the user reduce entered work log time?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012

See the Edit Own Worklogs permission. If the user has that permission, he can go to worklog tab in the "View Issue" page and edit the worklog.

Thomas Lausecker September 24, 2012

The "Default Permission Scheme" has this status:

Edit Own Worklogs (Ability to edit own worklogs made on issues.) Project Role (Users)

--> So I would assume that all users (or higher: developers or even Admins like me) do have the right?

I guess my initial problem is - I have no clue where to point the user (or even myself) to look at to edit worklogs.

The pic below shows where we do enter "done" work. But where do we have to look to "edit" or "delete" it?

Like Spandana Vundavalli likes this
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2012
Like Toby Bradford likes this
0 votes
Heidi Fernandez May 8, 2015

There seems to be two options:

1. delete the log and add a new log with the correct time. or
  2. modify the remaining estimate by adding time to it.

There doesn't seem to be an option to change the time spent field.

Suggest an answer