Reduce issue types list on the create screen depending on the reporter

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

Is it possible to hide some issue types on the create screen for specific user groups?

For example, I have 'bug', 'epic', 'story', 'task', 'test', 'architecture task', 'analysis task' in the list of available issue types:

I want to be able to display only 'bug' issue type for testers.

Is it possible to achieve in JIRA?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2013

No, that is a big constraint of JIRA. This forum has so many posts asking for the same. Just do a search.

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 17, 2013

Could you please post at least one link to the related question or jira issue? I could manage to find one. Thanks in advance!

Stacy June 12, 2018

This would be a very useful capability. Hope Atlassian are listening. 

0 votes
Priyanka Lavania
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2019

Hi Sergey,

I solved this issue using Script runner's behavior, used below code in initializer and it showed Issuetypes based on logged in user, you can validate user against project roles or even groups

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.roles.ProjectRoleManager

import static com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueFieldConstants.ISSUE_TYPE

def projectRoleManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(ProjectRoleManager)
def allIssueTypes = ComponentAccessor.constantsManager.allIssueTypeObjects

def user = ComponentAccessor.jiraAuthenticationContext.loggedInUser
def issueTypeField = getFieldById(ISSUE_TYPE)
def availableIssueTypes = []

//use this def and if code to check project roles
/*def remoteUsersRoles = projectRoleManager.getProjectRoles(user, issueContext.projectObject)*.name

if ("Testers" in remoteUsersRoles)
{
availableIssueTypes.addAll(allIssueTypes.findAll { it.name in ["Task", "Experiment"] })
}
*/

//use this def and if code to check groups
def remoteUsersRoles = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager().isUserInGroup(user, "jira-administrators")
if (remoteUsersRoles) {
availableIssueTypes.addAll(allIssueTypes.findAll { it.name in ["Task", "Experiment"] })
}

else {
availableIssueTypes.addAll(allIssueTypes.findAll { it.name in ["Task"] })
}

issueTypeField.setFieldOptions(availableIssueTypes)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Priyanka

Suggest an answer