Redmine to Jira Migration

Krishna M S March 11, 2019

Hi,

We are using Redmine version 2.4.3 hosted in house. We plan to migrate to Jira Cloud. Is it possible to migrate all Redmine tasks and Projects to Jira?

Regards,

Krishna M S

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

Hello @Krishna M S 

From the docs

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/migrating-from-other-issue-trackers-884344525.html

Redmine

We recommend exporting your Redmine data to CSV to import it to Jira.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2019

If you want to migrate more data which mightnot be supported by CSV. Then setup a evaluation Jira server version and import your data from Redmine  to Jira server and then take the backup of the Jira server and then restore on cloud. It's more work but it should give you more flexibility in terms of data. 

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 11, 2019

As on Jira server, migration from Redmine is better supported I feel

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-redmine-938847599.html

0 votes
Dima Lazarchuk
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 11, 2019

Hey Krishna,

Are you able to export your data to CSV?

Krishna M S March 11, 2019

HI,

We do not have Jira yet. I am not sure if the CSV import can migrate everything in Redmine

My Management wanted to know the feasibility before taking a decision? Are there any third party or commercial tools available?

Regards,

Krishna M S

Mihail Atanasov December 16, 2019

Hey Krishna,

Have you already moved over to Jira yet?

Regards,

Mihail

Suggest an answer