Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Redirect to Transition Automatically Based On the Field Value

Hi There,

I'm trying to set up a workflow of Change Control. It requires inputting the field named "Change Control Type" when the user tries to create an issue. After clicking "create", I hope it could automatically show the transition screen bases on the value of "Change Control Type". 

e.g.

Once the Change Control Type = Add Scope, it redirects to the Add Scope transition and popup the related screen. 

In this case, users do not need to make a second click after creating.

Snipaste_2020-03-05_19-06-44.png

Would this be possible?

Thanks,

Olive

1 answer

If this implementation is in Jira Server/Data Center, you can do this with the "Behaviours" feature from ScriptRunner for Jira. You could configure the create screen to show dynamically the fields from the "Add Scope" transition depending on the value of the "Change Control Type" field. This way you wouldn't need the "Add Scope" transition at all.

More information in the link below.https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/behaviours

If this is for Jira Cloud, I'm trying to find that solution myself but I haven't been able to find a way to do this yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you