Redirect Customer Portal URL to new URL (New Request Type with new issue type)

Kerli Loopman August 31, 2022

I have set up an Customer Portal form for certain Request Type but it has wrong issue type (change) value. Since issue type can't be edited in already used Request Type, then I want to create new one with another issue type (Service Request) and disable or delete the old one. 

I have several documents, that has the old Customer Portal link. Can I redirect the wrong URL to the new one so I wouldn't have to edit documents manually? Is there any way to do it without plugins? 

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Kerli Loopman 

As saide by @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ this option is not available in Cloud

In case of DC, you would have an option to redirect the URL through proxy redirect option

Thanks,

Pramodh

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

Hi @Kerli Loopman 

Can't really see the reason to do that, since the customer portal is on a specific address e.g.:

https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/portal_number

But what you want to do is to provide to your customer the new Request Type link e.g.:

https://yourdomain.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/portal_number/group/group_number/create/request_type_number

Correct? If that is the case, I think that it's not possible on Jira Cloud. You would have that option on Jira Server/DC, since the instance is hosted on own servers.

o_diachenko October 30, 2022

Hi 
How can I do that in Jira Server/DC?

Like nehakakar likes this
Kalyan Kumar Das April 13, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ : 

Thanks for the update. Can you kindly assist here, is there any plugins available currently in JIRA Cloud to implement the same?

As I am new on this.

Suggest an answer